Truck accidents almost always result in life-changing injuries or fatalities. In the immediate aftermath of major truck accidents, families usually focus on the issues that immediately affect them and rarely consider the possible long-term financial costs of the accident. This is understandable, and it is why help from experienced personal injury trial attorneys is so critically important.
Because the financial costs of truck accidents are almost always extremely high, your lawyer should conduct a knowledgeable and thorough investigation into all possible causes of the collision. Uncovering all possible truck accident causes allows your attorney to file suit against all relevant defendants; this may allow your family to recover a settlement or jury verdict that more closely matches your family's actual financial needs as a result of the accident.
At the AV-rated* South Florida law firm of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, P.A., representing injury victims after truck accidents is a major focus of our law practice. Our trial lawyers offer more than 100 years' collective experience in personal injury law; we work with a professional investigative team to seek out all possible causes of the accident that devastated our client and his or her family.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Over our decades of practice, the attorneys of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, P.A. have investigated and litigated truck accidents caused by numerous different factors, including truck driver negligence, equipment defects and failure to properly perform scheduled maintenance. Common truck accident cases include:
- Truck driver negligence may occur when a truck driver chooses to drive more hours than legally permissible, or to travel faster than the speed limit. A truck driver may ignore dangerous road conditions, or may take illegal stimulants in an attempt to stay alert. Drunk driving is not an uncommon cause of truck accidents. A truck driver may simply not be paying attention, ignoring the blind spot and swerving into other vehicles.
- The trucking company may be negligent in hiring or training a driver. Without a proper background investigation, the company may choose a driver with a poor driving history or clear substance abuse problems.
- To make timely deliveries, the truck company may force the driver to adhere to unreasonable delivery schedules. When drivers spend too many hours on the road, they suffer sleep deprivation and become less responsive to changing circumstances. Truck driver fatigue can cause serious truck accidents and catastrophic injuries.
- A truck accident may be caused by the negligent maintenance of the truck. If brakes don't function properly or tires are worn down, the truck may be unable to respond to changing road conditions. If the brake lights aren't functioning properly, the truck may not be visible to other drivers on the road.
- Improperly loaded or overloaded trucks can help cause truck accidents. Depending on the circumstances, the company responsible for loading the trailer may have some liability.
Consult Experienced Injury Attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, P.A.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, we can help. Our attorneys will fully investigate the causes of the accident and we will pursue fair compensation from any and all responsible parties. Our goal is to help the victims of major accidents find financial stability in the aftermath of life-changing events like truck accidents.
We will promptly investigate your claims. Our in-house private investigator will be on the scene of the accident as soon as possible to photograph the crash site and gather other evidence. We collect witness statements, obtain police reports and get driver logs. We then consult with accident reconstructionists and human factors experts to determine the factors contributing to the crash.
Free Case Evaluation · Call Toll Free (888) 499-9700
Call (888) 499-9700 or contact our lawyers online today to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation. With offices throughout Florida, we provide convenient representation for clients statewide. We are available 24/7 via e-mail and answering machine, and we offer legal services in English and Spanish.