Miami Homeowners Insurance Claims Attorneys
Is Your Insurance Company Denying Your Claim?
Insurance companies can be ruthless hairsplitters when it comes to providing compensation after a claim has been filed. Too often, insurance companies deny or attempt to minimize the value of someone's claim when the conditions are perfectly valid and should be covered fully.
We offer our skilled assistance to people facing all types of insurance claim problems, including:
- Denials — Too many people face outright denials of perfectly valid insurance claims. We can help.
- Property insurance claims — When your property has been damaged, you deserve to be helped.
- Problems related to examinations under oath (EUO) — Before giving a statement under oath, it is good to have representation to help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Hurricane damage claims — Is your insurance company trying to claim you are not covered for the specific type of damage your property suffered in a hurricane? Let us work to enforce your policy.
- Hurricane claims against insurance agents — Did your agent get you the wrong coverage for hurricane damage? We can help you take action to hold them accountable for their mistakes.
- Fire claims — Even if a fire only damages a portion of your property, the effects can impact the entire property and make it unusable/unlivable.
- Sinkhole claims — Sinkholes can cause extreme damage to homes and other property. Let us help you enforce the terms of your policy.
We also offer our assistance with claims such as:
- Roof claims
- Water damage claims
- Broken pipe claims
- Sewer backup claims
What to Do Before & After a Disaster
There are may things you can do before and after a disaster occurs to improve your chances of having a successful homeowners insurance claim. Having a plan in place can help you avoid costly pitfalls.
Before a disaster occurs:
- Take photos of your property before a disaster to serve as a reference point for confirming the magnitude of the damage to your home. It is recommended you take photos of your property every year to ensure you always have a current record.
- Back up business records regularly to allow the retrieval of client information, documents, and transaction histories in the event of a disaster.
After a disaster:
- Protect your property from additional damage and remove anything that can damage your home further. Install a fence or barrier to keep your belongings safe.
- Do not sign a contract for any non-emergency repairs. Your insurance company will likely need to consulted on pricing before any repairs are made.
- Photograph and/or videotape the damage before you begin to clean up the area.
- Consult the wording of your insurance policy, specifically regarding your rights and responsibilities.
- Keep a detailed record of all expenses you incur related to the disaster for potential reimbursement.
At Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, our firm has more than 130 years of combined experience. That extensive experience has taught us how to fight insurance companies and win. We can build the case you need to clearly show how the insurance company is violating the terms of your policy so that we can secure the full compensation you are entitled to.
Our record of positive results has helped our lawyers earn AV Preeminent® Ratings from Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest available rating, and many of them have been selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers® list in multiple years.
Insurance Claims Attorneys Serving Miami & All of Florida
If you are having problems with an insurance claim, turn to Greenberg, Stone & Urbano. To schedule a free initial consultation, call (305) 692-0055 or contact us online. We only collect attorneys' fees if we secure compensation for you.
Appointments Available for After Hours & Weekends
You Won’t Pay Unless We Recover Compensation
Free & Confidential Consultations
Spanish Services Available
Not Afraid to Go to Trial to Fight for What You Deserve
Over 130 Years of Combined Legal Experience