Nursing Home Negligence Cases
Today, over 1.4 million Americans reside in nursing home facilities across the country. This number is expected to rise in coming years as the United States population continues to age. The decision to place your loved one within a nursing home is never an easy decision. At Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, P.A., our Miami nursing home abuse attorneys believe all nursing home residents deserve the highest quality of care. While these facilities can provide excellent care that benefits many older individuals, the rate of nursing home negligence is sadly on the rise. Nursing home negligence has become an epidemic problem across the United States and Florida has been the site of numerous instances of nursing home neglect and abuse.
When we are confronted with a client whose loved one is experiencing neglect or abuse, we fight to see that our client and their family receives the compensation warranted by the nursing home’s inexcusable behavior. We understand first hand that nursing home negligence cases can be complex. Our Miami nursing home neglect lawyers bring over 130 years of collective experience to your case to maximize your chances of success.Forms of Nursing Home Negligence
We assist nursing home residents injured due to a wide array of neglect or abuse. Common types of nursing home abuse include:
- Physical abuse: Physical abuse can include actual infliction of injury upon residents, as well as the withholding of necessary nutrition, medication, fluids, and hygiene.
- Emotional or psychological abuse: This type of abuse involves the intentional infliction of emotional distress, pain, or sadness using verbal or non-verbal means.
- Neglect: Neglect is the most common form of nursing home abuse. It includes the failure to provide the resident with proper food, fluids, hygiene and dental care, exercise, security, shelter, and more.
We have assisted in a number of difficult nursing home abuse and neglect cases. Two of our notable cases include:
- Infected bedsores causing the premature death of an Alzheimer’s patient: In this case, an elderly Miami man became the victim of premature death due to the neglect of the nursing home facility. The victim had advanced Alzheimer’s disease and died due to an infection from a bed sore, which is often formed due to a lack of movement and sanitary care. Our firm sought justice for the victim’s family and successfully obtained a substantial settlement.
- Preventable fall causes brain bruising to nursing home resident: Our firm represented an 82 year old Miami woman residing in a nursing home facility. She fell and suffered a subdural hematoma. Evidence showed the nursing home allowed the fall due to its failure to monitor patients and implement safety measures to prevent falls. Our firm obtained a $520,000 verdict against the negligent nursing home at trial.
The disturbing practice of nursing home neglect and abuse is shockingly common. If your loved one may be the victim of nursing home negligence, contact the Miami Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano. We have over 130 years of collective experience representing nursing home abuse victims in Miami and across South Florida. We offer the dedication and knowledge you need to achieve the best possible outcome. Our firm received an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and is ranked as a top firm in South Florida by the Miami Herald. Allow our skilled personal injury attorneys to provide you with top notch legal services in the South Florida area. Call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400 or you can visit our website to schedule your free consultation.