Stewart G. Greenberg was the founding member and senior partner of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano. He has been a teacher, mentor and friend to many who have embarked their careers in the legal profession. Although he is not currently actively practicing law, his zeal continues in championing causes and advocating for others, particularly in the field of cancer research and charitable fundraising.
Stewart G. Greenberg practiced in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, medical malpractice litigation and complex commercial litigation. He has over 30 years of experience litigating difficult liability cases, including more than 100 cases tried to verdict, many with results of over 1 million dollars. Additionally, Mr. Greenberg has dealt with more than 1,000 cases throughout his career as an attorney, recovering large amounts of compensation for his clients in many of those cases, including one where the recovery was for more than $20 million.
Stewart G. Greenberg earned his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law in May, 1979. He was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree at New York University in 1976. Martindale-Hubbell® gave him an AV Rating in 1989, his first year of eligibility, which he has maintained ever since. Who's Who in American Law, Millennium Edition, has also recognized Mr. Greenberg.
Stewart served as a Florida Board Member for the APTILA (Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America) and has been recognized by Lawdragon 500 and Florida Super Lawyers.
Mr. Greenberg has been a member in good standing of the Bar Associations of both Florida (1979) and New York (1986). He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Association, The Dade County Bar Association, The Million Dollar Advocate Forum and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association. He has also been admitted to practice before the Middle District and the Southern District Courts of Florida, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York and the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Greenberg has served his community as follows: Member of the Foundation Board of Trustees of the Jewish Adoption and Foster Care Organization (JAFCO); President of Bet-Shira Congregation and is a member of its Board of Directors; Board Member of the Aventura Turnberry Jewish Center; Board Member and Member of the Board Of Directors of the North Dade Board of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation; and as a volunteer speaker on behalf of Hadassah Hospital Israel and fundraiser for the Hospital’s Cancer Immunotherapy research.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- 2014 South Florida’s Top AV Rated Lawyers
- AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, 1989 - Present
- Who's Who in American Law, Millennium Edition
- 2010 Lawdragon Top 3000
- South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2013
- Past member of The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America® and on the Advisory Board for the State of Florida
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- The American Bar Association, Member
- The Dade County Bar Association, Member
- The Million Dollar Advocate Forum, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member