Miami Bike Accident Attorneys
Put Over 130 Years of Combined Experience on Your Side
South Florida is undoubtedly an attractive place for bicyclists, marathoners and many other sports enthusiasts. In fact, the entire Miami-Dade area features a robust cycling infrastructure and is well-known for its vibrant cyclist culture. As such, it is no surprise that the lawyers at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano have made it their business to offer skilled legal representation to residents and tourists injured in all types of bicycle accidents.
From collisions with cars in jam-packed Miami to accidents caused by ungroomed bicycle paths, you can count on our Miami bike accident attorneys to help you with your case. We have helped bicyclists throughout Florida claim fair and just compensation in countless bicycle accident trials and settlements.
Common Bicycle Crash Injuries
Many bicyclists are tough people. They are used to enduring a certain amount pain to excel at their sport. Nonetheless, bicycle accidents with cars and other vehicles are frightening events, and bicyclists often face severe injuries.
While most bicyclists wear safety gear, lacerations, fractures, concussions, and traumatic brain injuries befall riders every day in Florida. Spinal cord injuries are of particular concern, as active cyclists fear paralysis and loss of function perhaps more than most. Even less-serious injuries like road rash can be quite painful. Our attorneys understand bicycle injuries and how they impact you.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a Bike Accident
Based on experience in the courtroom and on the bike trail, our attorneys recommend you keep the following in mind in case you are injured in a bicycle accident:
- It is important to be able to make a call in case of emergency. Take your phone and ID with you when you ride.
- If you are hurt in an accident, call for help immediately. Don't hesitate to call 911.
- When you are in an accident, several people are usually involved. Get names, numbers, and business cards. Don't forget people like witnesses of the accident and police officers responding to the scene. Take pictures of license plate numbers.
- Make an official police report of the accident. Don't be embarrassed. It is important to involve authorities to document the accident. The report could be critical in later litigation.
- Don't disturb the scene of an accident. If you move your bicycle, police officers may not be able to understand what happened. Take pictures of the scene. Note the address or bike path mile marker so you can return later.
- Take care of yourself! It is critical for a medical professional to evaluate your injuries as soon as possible so you can get better—and so you can document your injuries. Take pictures of your injuries.
- The scene of the accident is not the time to talk about fault or negotiate settlements. Get contact information and insurance details and save the rest for later. A little hindsight and time away from the shock and trauma of your accident is important. The fact is, bicycling laws put the burden on vehicle drivers to use caution to avoid cyclists, so you are not likely at fault.
- Find a safe ride home (or to your doctor). You may have injuries that take time to surface. It will be better to call someone for help than risk being injured again.
- You may be pressured to give official recorded statements. Insurance companies are notorious for this tactic. You do not have to say yes. You should wait to speak with your attorney first.
Perhaps most importantly, you should find experienced legal counsel to help you. You should not have to figure it out all alone. An attorney will represent your interests and advocate for your needs. The system is not set up to protect you. An attorney is a trained professional, there to help you keep and organize evidence and present your case. Some attorneys are generalists, and others focus their practice on specific areas of the law. You should find a bicycle accident attorney who understands both cycling and legal issues.
Reach Out to Our Team Today
The Miami bicycle accident attorneys of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano have over 130 years of combined experience successfully litigating bike accident claims. Our attorneys have been voted "South Florida's Top Rated Lawyers" by the Miami Herald. Beyond local acclaim, many of them have earned an AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and have been selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers® list, designating them as some of the best lawyers in America.
Call Greenberg, Stone & Urbano today to schedule your free consultation with one of our attorneys. We know Florida’s bicycle laws, and we want to help you take immediate action to fight for your rights.
Fatal Accident Involving Mother of Two $22 Million
Settlement for a 5-year-old quadriplegic daughter and her injured sister, and for the death of their mother in a horrific and devastating automobile accident.
Fatal Florida Turnpike Car Accident Results In Three Deaths $5.6 Million
Three elderly Miami women were killed when their vehicle was struck by another car on the Florida turnpike. This wrongful death case was tried to a verdict.
Florida Turnpike Accident Results In Three Fatalities $5.6 Million
We reached a $5.6 million settlement for the wrongful death of three elderly Miami ladies who were struck by another car.
Appointments Available for After Hours & Weekends
You Won’t Pay Unless We Recover Compensation
Free & Confidential Consultations
Spanish Services Available
Not Afraid to Go to Trial to Fight for What You Deserve
Over 130 Years of Combined Legal Experience