Miami Defective Product Lawyers
Assisting Clients with Product Liability Claims across Florida
When people suffer serious bodily injuries or are killed by defective products, they or their surviving family members may take action against the liable party/parties by filing a product liability claim. These claims aim to hold negligent product designers, manufacturers, and distributors accountable when they put unsafe products on the consumer market.
Determining who is liable for a defective product is a very complex process, as the defect may have occurred at any stage of the production process. It is important that you work with an experienced and qualified product liability lawyer who can help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
Types of Product Defects
As previously mentioned, product defects can be introduced at essentially every stage of production. That being said, there are three primary types of product defects.
These types of product defects include:
- Design Defects: These exist when a product is designed in such a way that it is inherently unreasonably dangerous for ordinary consumer use. For example, a children’s toy with small, detachable parts that could easily be swallowed, leading to a serious choking hazard, may have a defective design. An SUV that rolls over easily is another example of a defective design.
- Manufacturing Defects: These occur when a unit or batch is damaged, contaminated, or otherwise becomes defective during the actual physical production stage. Manufacturing defects are unintentional and often come down to poor/negligent manufacturing processes. An example of this would be a lamp that overheats easily due to faulty electrical wiring.
- Marketing/Labeling Defects: Also known as “failure to warn,” these defects involve improper or missing warning labels, instructions, and other safety signage. For example, children’s toys that are missing choking hazard warnings/age recommendations or chain saws that lack instructions or safety warnings have marketing/labeling defects.
All types of product defects can lead to serious, even catastrophic injuries, as well as fatalities. At Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, we believe that the negligent product designer, manufacturer, or distributor should be held accountable.
Types of Defective Product Cases We Handle
With over 130 years of combined experience, our Miami product liability lawyers are well-versed in all types of defective product cases. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of clients who were injured or lost a loved one due to unsafe/defective products and devices.
At Greenberg, Stone & Urbano, we assist clients with defective product cases involving:
- Automobiles/auto parts
- Medical devices
- Industrial machinery, equipment, and parts
- Electronic devices
- Power tools
- Children’s toys and baby products
This list is not exhaustive. If you were injured by any type of defective product—or if you believe the accident that caused your injuries was, in part, the result of a defective product—we encourage you to reach out to us today to find out how we can help.
Our firm has the financial and professional resources to invest in complex defective product cases. We often work with industry experts who can help determine the exact cause and extent of your injuries, as well as the lifelong implications you may be facing. In every case, we work tirelessly in our efforts to obtain maximum compensation to assist our clients with their medical expenses, lost income/wages, pain and suffering, inability to work, and other damages.
Fatal Accident Involving Mother of Two $22 Million
Settlement for a 5-year-old quadriplegic daughter and her injured sister, and for the death of their mother in a horrific and devastating automobile accident.
Fatal Florida Turnpike Car Accident Results In Three Deaths $5.6 Million
Three elderly Miami women were killed when their vehicle was struck by another car on the Florida turnpike. This wrongful death case was tried to a verdict.
Debris From Tire Blowout Causes Motorcycle Accident $3.75 Million
We reached a $3.75 million settlement for a Miami man who was injured when he was caused to fall from his motorcycle.
Appointments Available for After Hours & Weekends
You Won’t Pay Unless We Recover Compensation
Free & Confidential Consultations
Spanish Services Available
Not Afraid to Go to Trial to Fight for What You Deserve
Over 130 Years of Combined Legal Experience