Miami Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Your Full Recovery
Florida is home to a large number of motorcyclists, thanks in part to our temperate climate, scenic roads, and numerous highways stretching across the state. In addition to the many motorcyclists that live in the state, hundreds of tourists venture to Florida on their motorcycles to take part in motorcycle events.
Sadly, certain statistics report thousands of motorcyclists are killed or injured in Florida annually. South Florida, with its numerous highways and notorious congestion, is considered a dangerous place for motorcyclists. Given the serious injuries and high death rates associated with these crashes, the victims of motorcycle accidents and their families will need the assistance of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who will represent their interests to the fullest extent.
The Miami motorcycle accident attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano have assisted motorcycle accident victims across the state since 1993. Our firm has a reputation for aggressive legal advocacy and compassionate client service; we fight to see that our injured motorcycle accident clients receive full compensation for their injuries, including coverage for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. While we cannot guarantee an outcome in your case, you can rest assured that our legal team will fight tirelessly for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Miami
In many cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by the driver of a car, truck, or passenger vehicle—not the motorcyclist. Additionally, most motorcycle accidents share one common denominator: the sheer size difference between motorcycles and other vehicles. Drivers of cars and trucks often fail to see motorcyclists, leading to collisions and catastrophic injuries and/or fatalities.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Left-hand turns into motorcyclists: This is generally considered the most common cause of motorcycle accidents. Car and truck drivers will often make left-hand turns without adequately checking in their mirrors and blind spots. They can turn right into a motorcyclist. At times, drivers will turn without putting on their turn signal, giving motorcyclists no warning before plowing into them.
- Unsafe lane changes: Drivers will often not see motorcyclists because they do not adequately check their blind spots and they could switch lanes right into a motorcycle. Drivers who change lanes abruptly or without a turn signal can be held liable for motorcycle accidents that result.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who fail to focus on the road ahead may cause motorcycle accidents while texting, emailing, talking on the phone, or performing other distracting activities. These negligent drivers should be held responsible for the injuries they inflict.
- Speeding: Speed limits are put in place to save lives. According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), speed has been a factor in roughly one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities for more than two decades. The faster a car is traveling, the more damage it can inflict to an unsuspecting motorcyclist.
- Alcohol or drug intoxication: Often, motorcyclists must fight for their fair share of the road – even without worrying about drunk motorists. Unfortunately, drunk driving is still a rampant problem with intoxicated drivers being responsible for nearly one death every 51 minutes in the United States.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle riders are far more exposed than the occupants of a car or truck, making them highly susceptible to severe injury in the event of a collision even with full protective gear. Motorcycle accident injuries frequently include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Road rash
- Chest injuries
Compensation in Miami Motorcycle Accident Claims
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident or have lost your loved one to a crash, seek the assistance of a qualified motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Your attorney can fight to see that you receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term disability
If your loved one has been killed in a crash, you could receive compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income and retirement benefits
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
Motorcycle Accident Statute of Limitations in Florida
Under Florida Statutes section 95.11(3)(a), all individuals injured in a traffic accident, including motorcyclists, have until the fourth anniversary of the accident to file an injury lawsuit against the responsible party. This four-year deadline also applies to property damage claims related to motorcycle accidents. If a motorcyclist is killed in an accident, their family has two years from the date of death to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. Insurance claims, on the other hand, generally must be filed within a few days of the crash to be eligible for coverage.
if you attempt to file a claim after this deadline has expired, the court will almost certainly dismiss your case and you will be unable to pursue compensation. For this reason, it is important to consult with an attorney early on after a motorcycle accident to understand all applicable filing deadlines and ascertain the most appropriate course of action.
Fighting for Florida Motorcycle Accident Victims
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, contact the motorcycle accident attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano. We have over 130 collective years of experience representing injured accident victims across the state. Our firm provides clients with caring, personalized representation, offering dedication, experience, and zeal to each and every client that walks through our doors.
We represent injured motorcycle accident victims and their loved ones on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you owe us nothing unless we recover for you. Our Miami motorcycle accident attorneys are honored to have received the coveted AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® and the Miami Herald's ranking as a top firm in South Florida.
Fatal Accident Involving Mother of Two $22 Million
Settlement for a 5-year-old quadriplegic daughter and her injured sister, and for the death of their mother in a horrific and devastating automobile accident.
Fatal Florida Turnpike Car Accident Results In Three Deaths $5.6 Million
Three elderly Miami women were killed when their vehicle was struck by another car on the Florida turnpike. This wrongful death case was tried to a verdict.
Debris From Tire Blowout Causes Motorcycle Accident $3.75 Million
We reached a $3.75 million settlement for a Miami man who was injured when he was caused to fall from his motorcycle.
Appointments Available for After Hours & Weekends
You Won’t Pay Unless We Recover Compensation
Free & Confidential Consultations
Spanish Services Available
Not Afraid to Go to Trial to Fight for What You Deserve
Over 130 Years of Combined Legal Experience