Port of Miami Cruise Ship Injuries
Tourist accidents aboard an ocean cruise liner involve special legal issues, and require prompt action by an attorney because they usually involve a short statute of limitations and normally a requirement that suit be brought in either state or federal court in Miami (see the back of the cruise ticket). Representing victims, the cruise ship accident attorneys of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano are recognized statewide and nationwide for effective work in these cases.
Our veteran trial lawyers, Stewart G. Greenberg and Mark D. Stone, have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for personal injury victims, including many cruise ship settlements. With more than 100 years of combined experience, they offer the negotiation skills and knowledge of cruise ship injury law to prevail on behalf of clients.
Cruises Departing South Florida / Port of Miami
The cruise ship accident attorneys of Greenberg, Stone & Urbano represent tourists from all over the World.
Common Cruise Ship Injuries
We have litigated all types of cruise ship injury claims:
- Slip and fall accidents caused by slippery surfaces, ship maneuvers, or other dangerous conditions aboard ship, while sailing, boarding, or in deboarding for excursions.
- Water slide accidents, swimming pool accidents or wave pool accidents caused by negligent design, lack of supervision, or excessively slick ladders or surfaces
- Assault and battery, rape, or attempted sexual assault by crew members or other passengers, enabled by inadequate security, unlit areas, or unauthorized access to passenger cabins
- Injuries sustained during cruise line approved excursions, including boating, sailing, diving, or parasailing injuries, slip and falls, and other accidents
- Foodborne pathogens resulting in serious illness
Passengers injured on cruise ships may not have access to adequate medical care, especially when they are put off ship at ports of call for treatment. Complications may arise, or the cruise ship or local hospital may lack the trained physicians and equipment.
All Major Cruise Lines
Greenberg, Stone & Urbano has obtained settlements for clients from all of the major cruise ship companies, including NCL/Norwegian Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruise Lines and Celebrity Cruises.
Beware the Statute of Limitations!
Our cruise ship injury attorneys must act quickly. If possible, we need to investigate conditions aboard the ship and interview witnesses before the ship leaves port again or as soon as the ship returns to port. Also, oftentimes the law allows the cruise lines to impose a 1-year statute of limitations for filing lawsuits. Because injuries may worsen over time or not fully manifest until months after the accident, it is critical to file a lawsuit within 12 months, even if the case appears headed for an out-of-court settlement.
Referral Cases Welcome
We welcome attorney referrals from lawyers representing passengers, and will pay the statutory referral fee. We also serve as local co-counsel for out-of-state firms litigating any personal injury claim in Florida.
Contact a Miami cruise ship injury attorney with a proven record of success. We invite you to schedule a free consultation and case evaluation. Our entire staff is bilingual.