South Miami Boating Accidents
Boating in South Florida is an activity many residents and tourists enjoy. However, the pleasures that are normally associated with boating can be ruined in seconds by a boating accident. If you or someone you know was injured in a boating accident in the South Miami area, call the attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano now to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Our boating accident lawyers know how to investigate accidents and assess the strength of claims that arise from them. The team of seasoned boating accident attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano has helped secure numerous awards and settlements for victims of boating injuries. We bring onboard the highest level of commitment, resources, and experience for the many types of boating accidents, including:
- Accidents Suffered by Boat Passengers – Severe injuries and death can occur while boating. For example, boat passengers may fall overboard or be struck by objects while boating. Ultimately, responsibility for the safety of passengers in a sailboat or other boat used for fishing, sport, or recreation lies with the ship’s captain or boat operator.
- Wave Runners or Jet Skis – In Florida, jet skis, waver runners, and other quick and exciting personal water craft are extremely popular. However, they can also be extremely dangerous, leading to serious injuries and even death. The attorneys at Greenberg, Stone & Urbano have represented thousands of clients injured while operating these types of watercraft, including cases where passengers have been thrown off a jet ski, collided with other watercraft, or had their own jet ski land on them. Cases also often involve swimmers who have been run over by Jet Ski operators.
- Slipping or Falling on Boats or Docks - Not all slip and fall accidents happen inside a business or residence. A person can also become injured in a slip and fall on a dock, pier or boat. As a result, they may have a credible legal claim against the owners of the boat or the dock, as well as against their insurance company, in certain cases. There are numerous reasons for these accidents, such as unnecessarily slippery and/or improperly maintained docks.
- Divers and Swimmers - Scuba diving and swimming are potentially hazardous activities that carry inherent risks. Commercial and recreational scuba diving accidents often occur because of inadequately maintained equipment, poor training, or insufficient supervision. Divers and swimmers may be hit by boat propellers or run over by watercraft. Most commercial and recreational diving accidents are preventable, but unfortunately important precautions are not always taken.
- Drunk Boating Accidents - When boat operators have too much to drink, accidents happen. Innocent parties may suffer serious injury and wrongful death as a result. Those operating a vessel impaired or drunk may be held liable for their negligent and reckless actions. In addition to pursuing all civil remedies for accident victims, our boat accident attorneys will assist criminal prosecutors in holding the offending party accountable in criminal court as well.
Our distinguished team of South Miami boating accident lawyers has extensive experience representing persons injured in South Florida boating accidents. Our firm is an excellent resource for boating accident litigation information, with needed experience navigating Florida laws, international maritime law, and technical suits relating to inland and ocean-going vessels. Our firm will help you establish your claim in order to receive the full compensation you and your family deserve, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment due to permanent disabling injuries. We likewise manage wrongful death claims should they arise out of a boating accident.Contact Our South Miami Boating Accident Attorneys Today To Schedule Your Free Consultation
The South Miami Boating Accident Lawyers of Greenberg Stone & Urbano, P.A. have over 100 years of pooled experience in successfully recovering compensation for their clients who have suffered personal injuries and the loss of loved ones. Our highly experienced boating accident attorneys have been named “Superlawyers,” a title that denotes them as some of the leading lawyers in America. Our lawyers have earned a rating of “AV” by Martindale Hubbell and have been voted “South Florida’s Top Rated Lawyers” by the Miami Herald. Call Greenberg Stone & Urbano, P.A. today to schedule your free consultation. One of our dedicated lawyers will investigate and evaluate your potential personal injury claim. You may contact us through our website or call us at (888) 499-9700 or (305) 595-2400.