Weston Truck Accidents
When a regular passenger car collides with a large truck or an eighteen-wheeler, the results for the occupants of the passenger car are usually devastating.
Some of the most common causes for accidents with large commercial trucks are:
- Truck driver’s negligence: The truck driver, much like the driver of any other kind of vehicle, may get distracted while talking on the phone, texting or changing the radio station. Additionally, truck drivers can get distracted when talking to their company’s bases of operation on their VHF radios.
- Negligent hiring of the truck driver: The trucking company may have negligently hired a driver without, for example, conducting a proper background investigation that could have revealed that such driver had a poor driving record or a substance abuse problem;
- Negligent training of truck driver: The trucking company may have failed to properly train the driver on how to safely operate these large and heavy vehicles;
- Unreasonable delivery schedules: The trucking company may have set unreasonable delivery schedules that force the truck driver to drive faster than he or she should or for longer periods of time than the rules allow, causing driver fatigue;
- Negligent maintenance: The trucking company may have negligently maintained the truck causing, for example, a failure of the truck’s brakes to work properly;
- Improperly loading or overloading trucks: The trucking company may have overloaded or improperly loaded the tractor-trailer in order to increase the amount of merchandise transported on each trip.
Insurance companies for trucking companies have trained the truck drivers to immediately report an accident to their claims department. Most of them have special teams of accident scene investigators ready to travel to the place of the accident as soon as notified by the driver of the tractor-trailer. Such prompt action allows these insurance companies to immediately start collecting valuable evidence that could otherwise be lost and even interview witnesses that may still be around. In turn, these actions may allow those insurance carriers to significantly limit their liability.
If those who caused your injuries act so promptly in order to limit their liability, why wouldn’t you contact a law firm as soon as circumstances allow so that they can recover for you the monetary damages to which you may be entitled for such injuries? At Greenberg, Stone & Urbano we have an experienced in-house investigator that is promptly dispatched to crash scenes.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our lawyers have helped many victims of accidents with eighteen-wheelers recover the monetary damages owed them. With offices located at 1820 N. Corporate Lakes Blvd., Suite 304, Weston, Florida 33326, we are close to anyone involved in an accident with a commercial truck on any road of Broward County, Lauderhill, Davie, Pompano Beach, Hallandale Beach, Deerfield Beach, Oakland Park, Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Hollywood, Sunrise, Tamarac, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, or Miramar o, including I-75, I-95 and the Florida Turnpike.
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury or if a loved one died as a result of a truck accident in Weston or elsewhere in Broward County or Florida, please contact our law offices via email or call us toll free at 888-499-9700 or 954-524-4800 for a free consultation at home, in the hospital or in our office as soon as possible.